Influenster

Friday, February 7, 2014

Glade Wax Melts: Not a Substitute

First of all I will say that I am a BzzAgent. The product was provided free of charge to me and the opinions and views are my own.

Ok I'm addicted to all things smell good. Scented candles, potpourri, scented wax, sprays; you name it, I've used it. There is nothing I love more than a yummy smelling house. So when I was provided the opportunity to test out Glade Wax Melts I was kind of excited. 



I chose the Apple Cinnamon melts. Spicy scents, especially cinnamon, seem to stand out the most to me. And to properly test out the product I needed to find a super strong scent.

Flash forward to when I get home with the product, I cleaned out my wax warmers and prepared myself for the cinnamony goodness that was about to fill my house. I mean if it smells anything like the package it is going to be heavenly. I placed a wax cube in each of my warmers and waited in anticipation.



And I waited. And waited. And waited. Nothing. I left the house for a bit. I came back and still nothing. What gives?! I checked out my warmers. The wax was completely melted and only then, standing right above the warmer could I even faintly smell it.

This was ridiculous! How could something smell so beautifully in a package be so "scentless" while warmed? After two days I gave up and discarded the wax and replaced it with my Scentsy wax. Oh and the residue it left in my warmer? Yeah... Nasty. 

If you are looking for something to make your house smell as good as Scentsy then steer clear of Glade Wax Melts. Glade makes good spray, but they should really skip out on the wax. 

The Grade and Verdict:

Glade Wax Melts get an F grade. Because it was a big FAIL. My verdict: Your drawer will smell great if you throw extra melts in there, but that is about it. Don't waste $3.00 of your hard earned dollars on this product because it would be exactly that: a big waste. This will not be a substitute for the wax you already use.

No comments:

Post a Comment