Influenster

Friday, January 31, 2014

Pinterest Project: DIY Valentine's Day Conversation Heart Wreath

Ahhh Pinterest strikes my fancy AGAIN! Browsing my night away (and I wonder why I have "insomnia") I found this cute, creative wreath:

So I thought "Looks simple enough!" And decided to give it a go. The pin called for a cardboard box, a push pin, fabric, ribbon, hot glue, and conversation hearts. I myself used a cardboard box, a big valentines heart filled with candy for a stencil (I can't freehand) a small valentines heart filled with candy for a stencil, red acrylic paint, hot glue, gift ribbon, and a premade gift bow.


I traced the hearts onto the cardboard box with a sharpie and started cutting. This was not a simple task. It was very hard to cut into the thick cardboard with scissors and I had to use a sharp kitchen knife for the middle. This was the hardest part.


So when I finally got it cut out and trimmed, I painted it with acrylic paint.


Once you get the painting done, just find something else to do while it dries. I personally boiled chicken.

The next part was the most time consuming. Hot glueing every single heart onto the painted cardboard. 



From there, per instructions, I tied the wrapping ribbon to make a loop to hand the heart on my wreath hanger. Now the instructions simply say push the pin in the cardboard. This did not work. I had to triple glue the pin in the back to keep it from ripping out. 



I then hot glued my premade bow onto the front. Now here is the finished product:


Does it look like the picture? No not even close. It was inspired by the picture lol! So here is my completed wreath on my door. It was time consuming, I burnt my fingertips off with hot glue, but I think it looks cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment