I do sit down and interact with her most of the time when we watch. So no judgmental moms, I don't let the tv babysit her. But she has seen enough episodes where she actually recognizes characters away from the tv. For example, at Kmart just yesterday, she saw a Minnie Mouse that sings the "Hot Dog Song" (not sure if that is INDEED the technical name, but it sounds good to me!) and her face lit up and I got cute baby squeals! I was half tempted to buy the dang $22 thing but she already has more toys than any 4 month old I've ever seen. So we left Minnie on the shelf and opted for a onesie with Minnie on it instead which she did not want to let go of so the cashier could ring it up.
Later that day I stumbled upon a Baby Einstien DVD, which is another Carlie obsession. Now I don't know about anywhere else but around here, these DVDs are impossible to find. So every time I'm out and about thrift shopping and I spot one I snag it up. While I can halfway deal with Mickey Mouse, even though those songs get implanted into my brain, I just can't get into the Baby Einstein. Then again I'm not an infant. I'm pretty sure the images that flash on the screen are subliminal messages that only babies receive. But whatever, she likes it. And whatever the queen of Sheba likes, the queen of Sheba gets.
So with that said I give both Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Baby Einstein two Random Rambling thumbs up. Because with out them I would go insane.


No comments:
Post a Comment