Influenster

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Rock N Play Sleeper disaster

I have to be the only parent in the world that did not care for our

Fisher-Price My Little Snugapuppy Deluxe Newborn Rock N Play Sleeper. The reviews on Amazon.com were false advertisement. I remember one review said exactly "I would die without this product". I was sold! I begged my fiancĂ© for one. 


"We NEED this for when Carlie is born!" His reply "We already have almost every piece of baby equipment ever made."

"But I will DIE without this product! That's what the reviews are saying!"

So I got the sleeper. And I got it with two months to spare in our pregnancy. I was ready to join the Rock N Play group of moms that had already sworn by it.

When the 2 months passed and Carlie was brought into this big world, I was prepared! As stated above, we had almost EVERY SINGLE piece of baby equipment ever made. But... She wouldn't sit in her cradle swing. She wouldn't sit in her upright swing. She wouldn't sit in her bouncer. She wouldn't sleep in her bassinet of baby bed. And she absolutely despised her Rock N Play sleeper.

What gives? This is a miracle made of metal bars and cloth sent straight from the heavens above. This helped 1000000 babies sleep through the night! This kept many tiny tots feel safe and secure! Is mine a freak of nature? What am I doing wrong? 

After many nights retrying various baby products, eventually Carlie learned to enjoy her swings and bouncer. She played in her baby bed and the cat adopted her bassinet. But she continued to hate her Rock N Play sleeper. 

Now Carlie is 4 months old. She is still teeny tiny and still hates her Rock N Play sleeper. Our Rock N Play now resides in our storage room. Just in case, by chance, we have another baby and he or she decides to hate it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment